In this semi-annual newsletter I’m excited to announce my short story, “Risk Reduction,” is one of ten just published March 5, 2023, in the Sisters in Crime North Dallas short mystery fiction anthology, RECKLESS IN TEXAS, METROPLEX MYSTERIES VOLUME II. The book is available in print. It will be available in e-book and (eventually) audio formats from Amazon at:
Barb Goffman, herself an award-winning short story author, is the editor. I hope you and your friends will buy copies of this terrific anthology.
$11.99 print, on sale March 6, 2023, ISBN 979-8385749362
$4.99 Kindle, to be published March 15, 2023, ASIN B0BW2KJPJW
“May you have as much fun with these ten tales of murder and deception as I did, and may you remember them long afterward.”—John M. Floyd, foreword, January 2023
Lynn Dayton Thriller #4: I drafted more chapters in the fourth Lynn Dayton thriller. In other good news, my third book, THE SECOND LAW, was a Quarterfinalist in 2023 ScreenCraft Cinematic Book Competition
In the last six months I read eighteen books, four non-fiction and fourteen fiction.
Two of the three non-fiction books focused on energy economics and energy policy: False Alarm by Bjorn Lomberg, Shorting the Grid by Meredith Angwin. I recommend both for those interested in the topic.
Of the fiction, I recommend OUT by Natsui Kirino, THE BULLET THAT MISSED by Richard Osman, DESERT STAR by Michael Connelly, LIVID by Patricia Cornwell, HIDE by Tracy Clark, ONE STEP TOO FAR by Lisa Gardner, and CRYING IN HMART by Michelle Zauner.
All my book reviews can be found at Goodreads.
So much is going on energy world. I write three paid articles a month for the public (free) Seeking Alpha platform and six a month for a Seeking Alpha Marketplace subscriber platform, Econ-Based Energy Investing (EBEI). The public platform link: Laura Starks’s Articles | Seeking Alpha
Until next time. And do buy a copy of the new anthology!
L. A. Starks
Fiction (books) by L. A. Starks– in reverse order:
THE SECOND LAW: Lynn Dayton Thriller #3
Print ISBN 9780991110742, published by Nemaha Ridge Publishing Group LLC, October 2018, $18.95. E-book ASIN B07JLDGTVL, published by Nemaha Ridge Publishing Group LLC, October 2018, $8.12.
STRIKE PRICE: Lynn Dayton Thriller #2
Print ISBN 9780991110704, 2nd edition published by Nemaha Ridge Publishing Group LLC, March 2014, $18.95. E-book ASIN B01K5Y406A, published by Nemaha Ridge Publishing Group LLC, August 2016, $8.99.
13 DAYS: THE PYTHAGORAS CONSPIRACY-Lynn Dayton Thriller #1
2nd Print ISBN 978-0991110711, published by Nemaha Ridge Publishing Group, LLC, August 2016, $18.95.
E-book ASIN B015LI65GI, published by Nemaha Ridge Publishing Group, LLC, September 2015, $7.99.
Short stories by L. A. Starks on Amazon Kindle, in reverse chronological order
- “Risk Reduction,” in RECKLESS IN TEXAS, Metroplex Mysteries Volume II, March 2023. Print ISBN 979-8385749362, $11.99. E-book ASIN: B0BW2KJPJW $4.99.
- “Incurable” bubbled up as I developed one of the antagonists in THE SECOND LAW. 2020. ASIN: B08L9RY4T5, $0.99.
- “Josh Rosen & Bubbe” gives additional background on series character Josh Rosen and insight into his relationship with his grandmother when she falls ill. 2014. ASIN: B00O854YKA, $0.99.
- “A Time for Eating Wild Onions” introduces two key characters in the second Lynn Dayton book, STRIKE PRICE. The tragedy that befalls them profoundly shapes the next generation. 2007. ASIN: B003NE6DGA, $0.99.
- “Robert and Thérèse Guillard: Choices” is a story about 13 DAYS’ Parisian antagonist and how it feels to fly in a wing suit. 2007. ASIN: B003NE6D74, $0.99.
- “Gumbo Filé” in DREAMSPELL NIGHTMARES.
Flash Fiction by L. A. Starks
“Why Are You Running?” in A YEAR OF SHORTS and DOG DAYS OF SUMMER anthologies.
*A YEAR OF SHORTS: FLASH FICTION, Print ISBN: 979-8519555579, June 2021, $5.99. E-book ASIN: B096Y7WBH6, June 2021, $1.99.
*DOG DAYS OF SUMMER: FLASH FICTION, May 2021, E-book ASIN: B095J998Q9, $0.99.