Summary | Praise | Excerpt | Buy the Book
Reading and Discussion Questions for The Second Law
by L. A. Starks
- What surprised you most in THE SECOND LAW?
- What is your view of protagonist Lynn Dayton? How is she an Everywoman? In what ways is she a timeless character? How is she unique to the present?
- What’s your reaction antagonist Cong Li? To cybersecurity pro Kanak Singh?
- Who was your favorite character?
- When did you figure out the identity of the Viper?
- California promotes green energy over hydrocarbon energy—if you were writing the book, would you have set the California scenes in a different location?
- How are you encountering the IOT (Internet of Things) now, in your daily life?
- What are the most suspenseful moments? What was your favorite scene?
- Conflicts are the engines of plot. What conflicts do you see in THE SECOND LAW?
- Starks uses several different locational settings in THE SECOND LAW. Which ones did you like most?
- What do you see as the theme or message of THE SECOND LAW?